Best Ever Wild Mushroom Stuffing
One of the best bits about the weather changing and winter coming is the re-appearance of stuffing. We can't get enough of it.
But s there anything more delicious than wild mushrooms? They are the perfect way to jazz up your Christmas meal & give a rich, savoury flavour that even your most carnivorous of friends will be coming back for more!
This is a great side to your vegan Sunday roast or Christmas feast. Delicious pieces of sourdough and crunchy hazelnuts bring texture to this tasty festive dish
Recipe serves 6.
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 300g wild mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 punnet of chestnut mushrooms, chopped into small chunks
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 300g stale sourdough, cut into small squares
- 50g chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & black pepper for seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp sunflower spread
- 1 tbsp porcini mushroom paste (can find in most large supermarkets)
- Preheat the oven to 200c and place sourdough chunks on a baking tray, bake for 10 minutes until brown & crispy. Remove from the oven & set aside.
- In a large frying pan, add the olive oil, red onion, garlic and salt/pepper. Cook for several minutes on a medium heat until the onion has softened. Add the wild & chestnut mushrooms and sunflower spread. Cook for a further 6-8 minutes until softened & add the porcini paste & dried thyme.
- Remove from the heat, add 3 tbsp water and sourdough chunks.
- Please into a large baking dish and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown & crispy. Decorate with fresh thyme and serve.
Did you know that mushrooms are fantastic for our immune systems! They contain polysaccharides called beta-glucans which help to stimulate our immune system, helping us to fight off nasty bugs during the winter months!
Don’t forget to tag us in your creations @vibrantveganco
If you fancy making more of a feast, check out the recipes below for even more inspo for your vegan dinner spread!
Start here and get dipping…
The star of the show
Something sweet for dessert?
Don’t forget the treats!
share with friends