What's your flava?.. Easy Vegan Hacks 🧑🍳
If you’re trying out Veganuary for the first time, you're #VeganCurious, or simply looking to eat more plant-based food in 2021 – these handy hacks will help save you time & energy!
Flavour flavour flavour! Sometimes a big part of missing animal products is simply the absence of stronger flavours that they are often paired with.
Below are some of my favourite ways to take your mealtime flavours to the next level:
- Vegetable bouillon powder – add 1 tsp into your sauces to add a savoury hit.
- Porcini paste – a delightful umami taste that will enhance pasta, rice or noodle dishes.
- Marmite – add this to vegan gravy to add a wonderful depth of flavour.
- Kecap Manis – this is basically sweet soy sauce (you can make it yourself by gently heating tamari soy sauce with 1 tbsp dark brown sugar until it turns syrupy) – add this to any Asian inspired dishes that are missing hoisin or fish sauce.
- Garlic & onion powder – super easy & affordable way to add lots of flavour to your meals.
- Meat seasoning – often seasonings such as BBQ rub powders or Jerk spices are recommended to serve with meat but are in fact 100% vegan – add these to your meals whenever you have a craving! Double check the labels though just in case.
- BBQ Sauce – such a great way to add a bit of spice & all things nice to your meals.
share with friends
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.