Ultimate Guide To Recycling ♻️
We're committed to doing our bit for the planet.
Our meal trays are made from 95% sustainable recyclable paper materials (we’re working on the other 5% but at the moment it’s necessary to keep your meals fresh) and the sleeves are fully recyclable.
You can also return the outer packaging we use to deliver your meals, for free, so we can use it again and again.
This is great, but what about all the other packaging that we throw away?
It's a bit of a minefield, so we've put together a VV guide to recycling to help you out.
Plastic 🥤 - recycle
The four most common, and most easily recyclable plastics are:
Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) - used in water bottles & plastic trays
High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) - used for milk cartons & shampoo bottles
Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE) - plastic carrier bags & bin liners.
Polypropylene (PP) - margarine tubs & ready-meal trays
Bags that are crinkly and airtight, such as salad bags are made of composite plastics that are almost impossible to recycle - leave these out of your recycling bin.
Cardboard & paper 📰 - recycle
Cardboard, newspapers, supplements, magazines, greeting cards & wrapping paper (without glitter!), catalogues, phone directories, leaflets and flyers - leave paper towels and tissues out, those can't be recycled.
Cans, tins, aerosol cans & foil 🥫- recycle
Give cans, tins and foil a rinse out/wipe before you put them in the recycling bin.
Metallic plastic film, like crisp packets and chocolate bar wrappers, cannot be recycled.
Garden waste 🌿 - garden waste recycling bin.
Your local council will be able to provide a garden waste recycling bin for your home, where you can put grass cuttings, leaves, hedge clippings, plants, shrubs, veggie and fruit peelings and small branches.
Wood 🌳- local recycling centre
Wood can be taken to your local household waste recycling centre.
Sawdust and wood chips can be added to your compost heap, if you have one.
Check out this article for more recycling tips.
share with friends
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.