RECIPE: SMACKED CUCUMBER (THE PERFECT SIDE DISH TO OUR MALAYSIAN DUMPLINGS OR TERIYAKI GYOZA!)
In season and full of Vitamin C, Cucumber is a super ingredient. Vitamin C, an antioxidant, helps to protect our cells from toxins and damage. It supports immune function and maintains healthy skin via the production of collagen. It also helps support bone health and healthy blood vessels.
So, we reckon you should have a go at making your very own Smacked Cucumber!
- 1 large cucumber, ends trimmed.
- 1tsp sea salt
- 1tbsp finely grated garlic
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar (Mirin)
- 2 tbsp chilli oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1tsp chilli flakes (more or less depending how spicy you like it!)
How to make it:
- Take a rolling pin and smack the cucumbers until they split, then chop into roughly 2.5cm chunks
- Put in a bowl with the remaining ingredients and 1tsp sea salt and toss together.
- Can store in a glass jar for up to 1-week to make a variation of pickles!
Tell us how you got on
Make sure you post your attempt at this fantastic dish on your Instagram and tag us @vibrantveganco
share with friends
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.