RECIPE: PEA & CHILLI HOUMOUS
This recipe for Pea & Chilli Houmous really hits the spot. It will go great with near enough everything and can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Peas are a great source of iron. It’s not always easy finding vegan sources of iron so peas make a great addition to your diet.
Iron is an essential mineral that is needed to make Haemoglobin, which transports oxygen from the lungs around the body. It is also needed to make new red blood cells.
- 200g cooked peas
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Squeeze 1⁄2 lemon
- 2 tbsp chickpeas (from a tin)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pinch of chilli flakes
How to make it:
- Add everything to a blender, add 1-2 tbsp water until it forms a smooth paste.
- Transfer to a container, store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Tell us how you got on
Make sure you post your attempt at this fantastic dish on your Instagram and tag us @vibrantveganco share with friends
share with friends
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.