Let's get baked... Easy Vegan Hacks 🧑🍳
If you’re trying out Veganuary for the first time, you're #VeganCurious or simply looking to eat more plant-based food in 2021 – these handy hacks will help save you time & energy!
What about baking? Banana bread or carrot cake won’t taste the same without eggs! Fear not – these hacks will resolve all your baking woes:
- Aquafaba – empty a can of chickpeas, reserving the liquid. This is called Aquafaba and it’s a vegan dream. Whisk it up & use it as you would egg whites. You can make meringues, chocolate mousse, pavlova and even cheesecake.
- Flax – flaxseeds make a great egg substitute as they help bind cake ingredients. Use 1 tbsp ground flaxseed (makes equivalent of 1 x egg) and mix with 1 tbsp water, leave to sit for around 15 minutes – it should be a sticky and gluey texture. Add to your cake mixture and hey presto!
- Apple Sauce – if you’re planning on making a fruit cake of some sort – or carrot cake, apple sauce is a great egg alternative and just adds a slightly sweet/fruity flavour. Try to stick with organic apple sauce as it tends to not include any other spices or flavours.
- Egg Replacer – if you’re feeling super lazy, you can now buy egg replacer powders in most large supermarkets. Just follow the instructions on the back of pack!
share with friends
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.