Chocolate Protein Caramel Flapjacks 🍫🌱
This protein flapjack recipe is a team favourite, it's almost like millionaire's shortbread, just with a plant-power boost 🌱
We've adapted a seriously tried and tested Lucy Lord recipe for this. Put your own twist on it by opting for your fave nut butter and protein flavour 🤤
250g oats, quick or rolled*
125g dairy free butter, melted
125g light brown sugar
4 tbsp maple syrup or golden syrup
50g vegan protein, our favourite is Misfits Salted Caramel or Vanilla
200g nut butter, we like using almond butter
75g maple syrup
Pinch of flaked sea salt
100g vegan chocolate
1.5 tbsp coconut oil (optional but lessens the chocolate shattering when you slice)
- Preheat your fan oven to 180C
- Combine the base ingredients in a bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Pour into a greased 8" square (20cm) non-stick baking tin and press flat with the back of a spoon
- Bake for 15 minutes until the edges begin to golden, they will look a little undercooked in the centre but will cool solid. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly whilst you make the protein caramel
- Heat nut butter and maple syrup over a low heat in a saucepan until combined with a runny consistency. Add in the protein and mix together until fully combined, it can look slightly grainy and not silky smooth - that's OK!
- Pour caramel fudge mixture onto the flapjack base and spread evenly. Allow to cool in the fridge for 20 minutes whilst you make the chocolate topping
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over boiling water and stir in the coconut oil until everything is melted and combines together
- Pour over the protein fudge layer and rotate the tin until fully coated then chill again until set, around 20 minutes
- Use a warm metal knife to slice to reduce chocolate shattering. Running the blade under a hot tap and then wiping it dry between each slice works the best
Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or refrigerated if in warm climates.
We want to see your brownie snaps 😍 tag us on Insta, @vibrantveganco
share with friends
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.